Source Live Audio Mixer
1. I can't start SLAM, I keep getting an error. How can I fix this?
You probably have an out-of-date version of .Net. Download v4.5.
2. I started SLAM but none of the commands work. How can I fix this?
You probably have your game installed on a drive other than C:\. Click "Settings", under "SteamApps Directory" click "Change", and then select your "steamapps" folder that contains your game. The path should look something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\".
3. After playing a track, I can't use my mic. How can I fix this?
To play a track you press your play key once, when you are done playing the track (or it's over), you must press your play key one more time.
4. When I type "exec slam", I get "Unknown command: voice_fadeouttime". What's wrong?
That error is generally nothing to worry about. Try using SLAM anyway.
5. Can I get VAC banned for using SLAM?
No, SLAM only adds .cfg and .wave files to the game's the folder. Valve Anti Cheat bans you for cheating, not playing music.
6. Where can I get help?
r/SourceLiveAudioMixer/ is the place to go.
7. Everything works, but my track won't play in CS:S or TF2. What's wrong?
To play a track in a CS:S or TF2 server, the server must have "sv_allow_voice_from_file" set to "1" and "sv_use_steam_voice" set to "0".
8. When I type "exec slam", I get "exec: couldn't exec slam". What's wrong?
Make sure you clicked the "Start" button. If it is still not working, see FAQ #2.
9. I cannot load tracks from CS:GO's console. It says the tracks are being loaded, but in SLAM they do not appear loaded.
You probably have Steam or CS:GO installed on a drive other than C:\. Click "Settings", under "UserData Directory" click "Change", and then select your true "userdata" folder. The path should look something like "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\userdata\".
10. I cannot hear the track that I just loaded from the console. What's wrong?
It is likely that the tracks aren't actually being loaded. Please see FAQ #9.